One of the easiest and impressive rolls – Volcano Sushi Roll. This is your basic California Roll (crab, cream cheese, cucumber, and avocado) but in volcano form thus the name “Volcano Roll”!
I wasn’t sure which sushi rolls I want to make for our Asian Themed dinner but Volcano sushi came to mind. It tastes Amazing – Eruption of flavors in your mouth!
How to make Volcano Roll
Prepare your ingredients. You will need:
- Bamboo mat covered in plastic wrap (saves time cleaning it)
- Sushi rice
- Imitation Crabmeat
- Cream cheese
- Yum Yum sauce
- Sliced Cucumber
- Sliced Avocado
- Lumpfish caviar/roe
- Toasted Sesame seeds
- In a bowl mix finely chopped imitation crabmeat with cream cheese, Yum Yum sauce (Japanese Mayo), and a bit of wasabi. There are no measurements here since it all based on taste. Just mix and taste until it’s perfect for you.
- Reserve half of the imitation crab meat for the Volcano part!
- Lay nori sheet, shiny side down. Dip your hands in water and spread sushi rice over the nori sheet.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and black sesame seeds.
- Flip nori to the other side.
- Add crabmeat mix and thinly sliced cucumber and avocado.
- Roll tightly.
- For the Volcano topping, slice imitation crabmeat into sticks, mix with cream cheese, Yum Yum sauce, and wasabi to taste.
- Add panko-style breadcrumbs and sesame seeds on top. Bake in the preheated at 350F oven for 15 minutes.
- Place the Volcano topping on top of your roll and serve!
Enjoy your Creation!
I hope you will find this post useful! I tried to be as detailed with every recipe as possible which takes a lot of time and effort. If you use and like any of the recipes, please let me know!
I have made this Volcano Sushi Roll for our > Asian-Themed dinner