You can make this spread in literally 15 to 20 minutes. Serve it hot or cold, tastes equally delicious. Another way to enjoy it: on a piece of toast with cheese and tomatoes on top. Just pop it into the toaster oven or an oven until cheese melts. Yum!
This is a Perfect Dip for your upcoming parties. I’m sure your guests will Love it!!!
- 1 Large Eggplant, thinly sliced
- 1 Large Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp. Oil (Light Olive or Vegetable)
- 2 minced Garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp. Cream Cheese (with chives or plain)
- 2 Tbsp. Sour Cream
- 2 Tbsp. Dill paste or 2 Tbsp. Dill, minced
- salt, pepper to taste
- green onions for garnish
- Add oil to the skillet and heat to Med-Hi.
- Sauté the sliced onion for 5 min and then add sliced eggplant. Sauté until the eggplant becomes soft. Reduce the heat to low, add minced garlic, and continue sautéing , turning occasionally, until the onion is translucent, about 10 min.
- Add cream cheese, sour cream and dill paste. Mix well. Adjust the flavor. Turn off the heat and let the flavors absorb. Enjoy!