You can use plain flour with this recipe and add a teaspoon of Baking powder to it. But my ABSOLUTE Favorite to use is – Lund’s Swedish Pancake Mix! LOVE the Natural without much Additives ingredients: Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Whey Powder, Sugar, Salt, Baking Powder. You can use the mix to make Thin Pancakes, Waffles and Crepes. The combination of Wheat and Malted Barley flours make these much lighter than regular flour. You can find it at your local supermarket or buy on Amazon.
One of my Secret Ingredients that I always use for pancakes is my beloved – Baileys’ Coffee Creamer – Crème Brulee!!! I have tried other flavors, but find this one is the Best, for us. I Always have it on hand since I like it in my coffee daily! It give an Excellent Flavor and Aroma to your baking goods as well, I prefer to use it instead of adding vanilla.
Super Easy to make and So Delicious! This is my Go-To recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 Pkg (7.5 oz) Friendship Farmer Cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 to 1½ Cup of Buttermilk Pancake mix or Any Pancake Mix
- 2 Tsp. creamer, flavored yogurt or vanilla extract
- about ½ Cup of Milk (2%) or Buttermilk (for thicker Syrniki)
- ⅓ Cup Sugar
- dash of salt
- ½ Cup fruit
- Vegetable oil
- Mix all of the ingredients in the order listed. Adjust the batter to your liking. If you want thicker Syrniki use less milk.
- Place a tablespoon of oil and butter on skillet. Adjust heat as necessary. First batch will require higher heat than lower for subsequent batches. Flip pancakes after bubbles rise to surface and bottoms brown. Brown on both sides, about 2 to 4 minutes on each side, depending on the size of your pancakes.
Blueberries, couple of tablespoons of grape juice (or ANY juice) and tablespoon of squeezed lemon. Just simmer on low for an hour until thickens on its own stirring frequently.
If you are looking for the Best Pancake Mix, this is the one I have found so far - Lund's Swedish Pancake Mix! Look at the NATURAL ingredients listed. Unbelievable taste and Super adjustable. I make sirniki by adding egg, milk and farmers cheese. You can make Fluffy ones as you see in the pictures by adding buttermilk. Make waffles or crepes.