These Roasted cabbage, Eggplant, and Tomato Stacks are healthy, delicious, and look beautiful served as you can see! Another one of my experiments gone Right!
If you are a vegetarian or looking for a meatless, healthy recipe – this is it! It tastes delicious warm or cold. The flavors just mix so well together.
How to make Roasted cabbages, Eggplant, and Tomato Stacks video below
I have made this recipe many times and every time I make it a little different (see the pictures shown).
Sometimes I add the eggplant slices when I have them on hand, other times just with tomatoes that add moisture needed to make cabbage soft in addition to sour cream or yogurt. Love it!
Below are the approximate measurements. You may need more sour cream/yogurt mix, depending on how many cabbage and eggplant slices you have.
The sauce itself is so delicious you can serve it with the roasted cabbage on the side. Great any time of the day and can be packed for Healthy Lunch to work.
- Make the Sour Cream/Yogurt sauce by combining the ingredients listed above. Adjust the flavor to your liking.
- Spread the mix with a spoon or a brush.
- Slice cabbage, eggplant, tomatoes, and green onions.
- Slice the cabbage into 1/2 inch thick circles or any shape you’d like.
- Bake on the foil or parchment paper-lined cookie sheet.
- If baking on foil-lined, add Olive oil, salt/pepper to the bottom of your baking dish.
- Lay cabbage slices and spread the Sour Cream/Yogurt mix on top.
- Add eggplant slices, spread the mix on top, and finish the stack with the tomato slices.
- Add Bacon bits and additional green onions on top.
- Bake Uncovered in the Preheated at 400F oven for about 50 minutes. Time depends on your oven and the size of your stacks.
- Garnish with sliced green onions and fresh dill.
- Make the extra sauce and serve with roasted cabbage.